Why is this important? Industrial production areas need to be guarded, both for security and to satisfy OSHA worker protection requirements. They also need to be accessed by loading and servicing equipment. Conventional fencing and gating is fixed and does not readily provide this needed access. In addition, robot areas need to be fenced because a robot can occasionally throw a part, unleashing a missile that could potentially injure someone. Extendamatic Panel Gating will provide a perimeter protective screen that can support itself on an open floor and yet retract to a small footprint and swing away.
It is my belief that the new Extendamatic-PA sliding panel gate will be just the ticket for manufacturing production areas that are difficult to guard and secure. We are prototyping it now for shipment to a customer and should have photos and specifications posted to our website soon.
This new gate slides open panel by panel. The unique thing about it is that it does not require an overhead suspension system. The first model is 6 feet tall and will be able to open to approximately 14 feet or anywhere in between. The Extendamatic-PA is supported by an Anchor Post at one end and an optional Latch Post at the other. Two gates can be mounted left and right and brought together to close in the center. That's an impressive 28-feet of protection that collapses down to 53-1/2 inches at each end and swings away.
Key features include:
- Sliding panels have a gap of only 4" at the floor.
- Gate panel height can vary depending on your application (Standard is 6 feet).
- Gate can be mounted close to a machine because an individual can not reach through, over, under or around it, a key OSHA requirement.
- Once retracted (53-1/2 inches) the gate can be rotated out of the way 180 degrees.
- A variety of panel inserts are available (2-in. x 1/8" welded wire mesh is standard).
- Extendamatic-PA can be installed in conjunction with traditional perimeter fencing.
- Less expensive than the Extendamatic-SC (Scissor gate).
Deken Power's Extendamatic-SC scissor gates are well known for their rigidity, durability, versatility and ease of operation and every one of those qualities will be built in to the new Extendamatic-PA.