Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Slide-A-Matic from Deken Power is a safety/security gate composed of a series of interlocking sliding panels that rotate into position and then extend, panel by panel, to a latch post where it is firmly secured. A single gate can close off up to 14-feet, and you can double that if you bring two gates together from the left and right. The gate is unique because it does not require the confines of a suspension or tracking system in order to operate, making it free to rotate to the side when retracted. It operates smoothly, even on an uneven floor.
Slide-A-Matic is designed to guard industrial production and robotic areas that require high-visibility protection, but also require unobstructed access for servicing, loading equipment, and machine set-up.
Gate construction is all steel. Individual panels are 51.5-inches wide. Total thickness of all 4 panels when retracted is less than 4-inches. Standard gate height is 77-inches, however, that can vary depending on the application. Swivel casters are heavy-duty 3-inch poly olefin. The sliding steel latch can be operated from either side of the gate and is pad-lockable.
A brief demo movie of the gate can be downloaded at: http://www.dekenpower.com/slideamatic/movie/slideamatic-1.m4v
Contact Ken Hortness at Deken Power toll free at 888-420-7188.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Retractable, Rotating, Panel Guarding without Tracks or Suspension
• Slide-a-Matic retracts to the size of a single panel and has a 214º rotation capability. Single panel width is 51.5 inches. Panel heights can vary.
• Cover up to a 14-foot opening with a 4-panel gate.
• Can be double gated (one from the left and one from the right) to cover up to 28-feet of in line opening.
• Two gates can connect at various angles to provide 2-sided protection to an area.
• Slide-a-Matic’s auto-level feature permits smooth operation, even on an uneven floor.
• Positive latching system that can be padlocked.
• Thin, compact, retracted profile. A 4-panel gate is only 3.75-inches thick when retracted.
• Available in 2, 3 and 4-panel models.
• Insert choices of welded wire (std.), expanded steel, or other materials.
Slide-a-matic's tall panels and pad-lockable latch has only a small gap at the floor, thus qualifying it as a security gate as well as a safety guard or fence. As one example, it will be perfect guarding for manufacturing robots, permitting complete denial or complete access to the machine, depending on preference.
You can view a short movie of Slide-a-Matic at: